Student Wellbeing and Engagement Policy:
Nelson Park School has three Student Wellbeing Officers across the school. The SWO’s support each support a specific area within the school, supporting students, families and carers. They also work closely together to share information and knowledge and to develop wellbeing programs across the whole school.
The Student Wellbeing Officers are:
Stacy Maxwell – Foundation to Grade 6, Mon – Friday. Main School, Bell Park Campus,
Caitlin Owen – Year 7 – 9, Mon – Thursday. Main School, Bell Park Campus.
Svetlana Raad – Year 10 – 12, Monday and Tuesday. Illinois Annexe, Corio.
At Nelson Park School SWO’s support students and families in a diverse range of ways, including but not limited to:
- Providing short term counselling to students with an immediate need
- Assisting families and students with referrals and applications to relevant services and supports, eg, NDIS, Centrelink, Childfirst, Allied Health Services
- Working with teachers to deliver specialised wellbeing programs
- Access to financial supports for school uniform
- Organising the breakfast and fruit program
- Liaising with community organisations, including Headspace, Wathaurong, and family services.
If you would like further information or support, please contact reception and asked to speak to the SWO in the relevant area of the school.
Your child may be able to access support through the NDIS to find out more you can contact NDIS on: 1800 800 110 visit the website below, or contact your SWO.
Other services and supports.
Geelong has many services and supports available to children, young people, and families and carers:
You can find further information about these services by visiting the websites below
External services – info and web links
Access Your Supports