Student Wellbeing and Engagement Policy:
Nelson Park School has three Student Wellbeing Officers across the school. The SWO’s support each support a specific area within the school, supporting students, families and carers. They also work closely together to share information and knowledge and to develop wellbeing programs across the whole school.
The Student Wellbeing Officers are:
Leanne Tann-Alexander – Foundation to Grade 6, Mon – Friday. Main School, Bell Park Campus,
Scott Worldon – Year 7 – 9, Mon – Friday. Main School, Bell Park Campus.
Stacy Maxwell – Year 10 – 12, Monday, every second Tuesday, Wednesday. Illinois Annexe, Corio.
At Nelson Park School SWO’s support students and families in a diverse range of ways, including but not limited to:
- Providing short term counselling to students with an immediate need
- Assisting families and students with referrals and applications to relevant services and supports, eg, NDIS, Centrelink, Childfirst, Allied Health Services
- Working with teachers to deliver specialised wellbeing programs
- Access to financial supports for school uniform
- Organising the breakfast and fruit program
- Liaising with community organisations, including Headspace, Wathaurong, and family services.
If you would like further information or support, please contact the main office on (03) 52 783 620 and ask to speak to the SWO in the relevant area of the school.
Your child may be able to access support through the NDIS to find out more you can contact NDIS on 1800 800 110, visit the website below, or contact your SWO.